Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trying hard NOT to pray for patience, but...

I need it!! Where did mine go? It seems like it's completely dried up altogether these days.

Earlier this week I was talking with a friend about how we should be careful what we pray for - because we just might get it. I'm so tempted to pray for the peace that patience would seemingly bring, but I know that in the past that hasn't worked out so well for me. I end up facing more situations that require me to develop more patience. In the long term, this would be helpful, but not so much in the here and now.

I guess what I need to pray for today is the peace that I'm longing for. The absence of feeling annoyed and tired of the same parental remarks I'm repeating untold times throughout each day (like, "stop chewing on that," "be nice to your sister," and "no, I didn't tell you it was ok to give the cat a bath").

Sigh. Raising children is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment