Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My heart will choose to say...

I heard this song live, in person, performed by the song writer himself, Matt Redman, (who is incredible, IMHO!) two years ago at a MOPS convention. He explained that he sat down one night to write this in the aftermath of one of several miscarriages for him and his wife. As he sung this, I remember distinctly thinking that I hoped I could praise God in the midst of storms like he has.

Now that the winds are raging around me and it's been raining for many weeks in my world, my thoughts have returned to this song and all that it stands for. I'm determined to forge ahead even though everything in me wants to sit down and hide my head.

I heard this song yesterday on the radio and I woke up to it on my alarm this morning. I think I'm meant to meditate on this message today. I hope it speaks to you, too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment