Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF-F!!

So, yesterday, I spent all day thinking it was Friday.  I was planning a nice dinner (not that it has to be Friday for that), with a nice bottle of wine for my husband and I to share (after all, we'd be able to sleep in a bit later tomorrow).  I was thinking about the weekend, and happily looking forward to some time off from the work of the weekdays.


Maybe it was the fact that I was ready for Friday (quite likely).  Or maybe it was that my oldest daughter would not have school the next day because of an inservice day for the teachers (conveniently scheduled on a Friday AND the Friday before a holiday on Monday, but I digress...).  Who knows what I was thinking, but I was totally convinced it was Friday all day long yesterday.

It wasn't.

It was only Thursday, and the realization hit me around 6 pm - HARD.  You know the feeling - like when you suddenly remember an appointment you made at the very last minute, or when it occurs to you that you forgot your best friend's birthday, or when you realize your child is still at home when you ran out to the store in a rush, or something similar - not that I've ever done either of those things...  I'm just saying.

Anyway, Thank God it's Friday - Finally!  When I really think about it, whatever I didn't like about yesterday's Friday is gone, and today is like a do over Friday.  I guess a week with two Friday's isn't a bad week at all...

Enjoy your weekend!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was Thursday when it was actually Wednesday...

    I instructed the employees in the store on Wednesday at the end of my shift to be sure that before they left that night that the store was ready for receiving truck shipment the next morning. but I was a day early... I was wondering why they looked at me confused. I told them that on wednesday afternoon when I thought it was Thurday, so the store was ready for truck on Friday morning.

    haha glad I was not the only one having issues this week.

    ReplyDelete