Thursday, July 2, 2009

10 Things I'm Thankful For Today

I've been remiss lately in recording the things I'm thankful for, so here goes:

10) The sunshine and thorough warmth that we feel whenever we're outside (and today it's only in the low 90s!!)

9) Our favorite spray park with an attached play area that is under a canopy to protect the kids from the heat (and where we spent a good portion of this morning!)

8) Time with family from out of town (my mom is here this week, my aunt and cousins will be here tomorrow)

7) Cell phones that allow me to keep in touch with good friends no matter where either of us is

6) Good, soul nourishing music (Go Fish!) that my oldest daughter is blasting in the next room as I write

5) Homemade ice cream that we're going to make this afternoon (yum!)

4) The way food always tastes so much better when you pack it up for a picnic

3) My husband, who works very hard to show me that he loves me, and recently has been bringing me bouquets of flowers every Friday (even though I love him whether he does this or not!)

2) My youngest daughter who closes her eyes and relishes whenever I give her a hug or kiss, then responds by giving me an eskimo kiss (it's our little thing)

1) The feeling that right now, at this moment, I'm on the path I am supposed to be on, and it's OK that I don't know just where it leads

No comments:

Post a Comment