Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not today, I have a headache!

So, the past seven days I've had a low grade, but nagging and completely annoying headache. I wake up with it, carry it around all day long, and go to bed exhausted from it. At first, I thought maybe it was that I slept wrong, as my neck is often sore when I wake up. Then, I wondered if it was due to dehydration, as I'm not really very good at keeping up with the right amount of water intake, especially in the intense heat of the desert. So, I've been drinking A LOT of water.

I wish I could report that helped. Not so much.

Yesterday, I booked a massage because I then hypothesized that maybe it is due to muscle tension that I can feel in my back, neck, and shoulders (darn stress!). The masseuse hit every pressure point in my body and I'm sore today from the rub down, which did help my muscle tension. But, I woke up today, again, with the same piercing headache that has gripped the left side of my scalp and won't let go!

I did some research on the Internet (what better way to receive trustworthy, comprehensive medical treatment?!?), and have deduced that what I'm dealing with is a chronic daily migraine, although, technically, I can't be diagnosed with that by a real doctor until it takes 15 days from me out of the month. Only 8 days to go, I guess... sigh

Anyone else have any brilliant suggestions for ways I can eradicate the pain?!? I'm starting to get desperate. I know I can't be the only one who's suffered with this!

The upshot is, when I do find relief, I will be so thankful for being pain free - something I take for granted every day. Until now...

1 comment:

  1. oh yuck. so sorry. i haven't had trouble with headaches, so no advice to give, but i will pray that you start feeling better soon. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete