Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March is here!!

Spring has seemingly sprung this week in Colorado (almost three weeks early)! I don't know about you, but there is a special "right with the world" feeling that I have whenever there is a little more sunshine and a little less snow right about this time of year. Now, I know that March is traditionally a very heavy snowfall kinda month for us here in the Rockies, but so far, so good.

We took the kids to Breckenridge skiing on Sunday and it was wonderfully warm - hot even. Each and every one of us got a sunburn on our faces because Kyle and I were negligent in applying sunscreen. While my face is a bit lobsteresque right now, I wear it proudly, for it means good things are on their way, weather-wise.

Yesterday, in an attempt to integrate my daily workout into my daily mommy pick-up-the-kids-from-school duties, I decided to take advantage of our 60 degree weather and run to the church to pick up Denali, then walk with her to Aubrielle's school, then the three of us would walk home together. Great plan! The run went well (it's downhill the whole way!!), the walk from Denali's school to Bri's was fine, it gave her and I time to debrief her day together. We played at Bri's school until her bell rang, and we all set off to go home. While it was a rather lofty goal for a three year old (Bri's school is about 1.5 miles from our house, Denali's is about 2), she told me earlier in the day not to bring her stroller, because "I'm not a baby, mom". So, I obeyed and she walked. Slowly. Sometimes, riding piggy-back style on me, sometimes walking on her own. But, we eventually got there, nonetheless. Bri is already making plans to bring some of her own money to stop at the Loaf N Jug on our way home to get us snacks today when we walk home. Guess I started a new tradition! You gotta love when kids get excited to spend time together walking home from school.

Anyway, carry on, my friends. Just thought I'd share the love. Enjoy this warmth while it lasts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment