Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Pandemic


Kyle returned home at the end of last week after working in Phoenix and woke up the next morning with a full on case of the flu. Literally, one minute he was feeling fine, the next he was miserable. It was quite something to watch. And I was so thankful that I was the one watching it, not going through it.

He spent the next 72 hours in bed with a ridiculously high fever, and I felt compelled to wake up through the night to check on him and make sure he didn't need to go to the hospital or wasn't having seizures due to the fever. Luckily, he started to get better yesterday, and besides a fainting episode around midday (he was up and moving around, but had eaten very little for three days), he was apparently on the road to restored health.

Then, yesterday afternoon, I picked Bri up from school to find her with a fever and complaining of a headache. Here we go for round two...

Denali and I publicly proclaimed that we are the healthy two in our household, and the virus will not take us down. It won't.

Today, I'll spend a disproportionate amount of time doing load after load of laundry. If it's fabric and washable, it's getting thrown in. If only I could figure out a way to hose down the inside of the house without destroying much of it... Let me see, where's the clorox spray??

No comments:

Post a Comment