Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF!

In honor of my favorite day of the week, and in an ongoing effort to live in the moment and take nothing for granted, here are the top 10 things I'm thankful for today:

10) Hot, steamy, long showers with no interruptions by little voices, during which I can close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere tropical and humid.
9) Returned health, which should never be taken for granted, but is especially sweet after over a week of illness.
8) A whole day that I do not have to work (until this evening), and freedom to attend the spinning class I'm meeting a friend at in a little bit.
7) My job, which allows me to work around my schedule, from home, doing something that makes a difference to others.
6) My husband, who let me sleep last night while he was up cleaning the carpet in our oldest daughter's room at midnight after she threw up.
5) A sunny, bright morning that reminds me that each day is new and a gift.
4) A hot breakfast burrito this morning smothered in Kyle's homemade green chili.
3) Three loads of laundry already done today.
2) An unexplainable peace about our upcoming move and even a little excitement about the adventure ahead (go figure!).
1) The knowledge that everything, while not always easy, is going to be OK.

1 comment:

  1. love all these reminders to be thankful. loved, as always, reading your posts and hearing of your journey. keep writing! love, L

    ReplyDelete