Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Clean House

I've blogged a bit before about how I'm contemplating some things, changing course in some areas, and otherwise trying to grow.  I'm happy to report that I'm making some progress and feel like I'm headed in the right direction, although I've still got significant ground to cover.  The growth comes in the journey.

Earlier this week, I was feeling motivated to clean this dirty house of mine, which is dirty because I've neglected to consistently get it clean beyond the tidying up that happens each afternoon (shortly before my husband comes home so he doesn't think I've been sitting home all day eating bon bons and watching soap operas).  But, I digress...

Anyway, so I was dusting and vacuuming yesterday, and D asks me, "Momma, why are you cleaning the house, is someone coming over??"  I deserved that.  I simply smiled and said, "No.  I just think it is nice to have a clean home."

Without missing a beat, she replies, "A clean house is a sign of a clean heart," and walks away. 

I have no idea where she heard that phrase.  But, in light of the cleaning up I've been doing lately (physically and emotionally), I thought it was so timely.  Do you ever wonder if our kids say things like that at just the exact time you needed to hear it because it isn't them saying it at all?  In that moment, and even today, I have no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. It sure is rough being the only one who cleans mostly, I know it is hard to do the upkeep when we feel down in spirit. I too have suffered this. I believe we all go through it at some time or another. Blessings to you.
    Sat Nam, **(-_-)**
    Piper

    ReplyDelete