Monday, December 7, 2009

Seriously?? The Things Parents Say... Part 2

So, I might have spoken too soon with the submission of my last post.  Believe it or not, I have been collecting these parental comments for some time now, waiting until I had most of them before writing my dissertation rant to the blogosphere.  Silly me, thinking I had said them all.

Alas, literally moments after posting part one, I emerged from my office to find that my youngest had some artistic inspiration of her own that she couldn't contain in her imagination alone.



Done in blue ink, here are Denali's artistic additions to our couch, bathroom sink, and ottoman. These are the three largest, thus they would show up best in a photo for the blog, but rest assured that there were other spots where our budding illustrator chose to leave her mark (my comforter, her walls, some random boxes that are still sitting around the house unpacked).

So, I add to my collection of parental comments one never thought they'd have to say outloud: "There is no drawing on the furniture!"  Which reminds me, I forgot to add "It's not OK to flush mommy's wedding ring down the toilet."

2 comments:

  1. try rubbing alcohol - - that will remove sharpie from your computer screen (not that my children have ever colored on anything but paper); that should work on the sink at least

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol! I'll try that. This also reminds me that I need to add to the list: "Don't color on the laptop with a permanent marker!" Forgot that one, too...

    ReplyDelete