Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kick off blog post - why "Pondering In The Desert"?

Well, this is certainly a new start and a new venture for me! Blogging (journaling in any form, for that matter) isn't really something that comes naturally for me, and it's not something that some therapist recommended that I do for some cathartic release (not that there's anything wrong with that - I AM a trained therapist, after all...). Creating a blog isn't even something I wanted to do because I feel I have insight that no other human has ever had before, thereby sharing great and useful information with the world.

No, none of those are the reasons why I'm venturing out into the blogosphere to air my thoughts and observations for anyone and everyone to peruse. I simply want to record what I'm thinking and feeling as I sense that I'm entering into one of those periods in my life that will either produce great personal and spiritual growth, or it will break me. (I'm definitely pulling for the former.)

I'm hoping that writing and rereading my own words and dreams and aspirations and struggles will help me to keep a pulse on where I am in relation to where I'm going and where I want to be.

I'm hoping this will be my breadcrumb trail that helps me to look back at where I've been, all the while moving forward to where I'm going. Wherever He takes me (which, at this exact moment, looks like it will be the desert).

I'm hoping that this record of my observations, frustrations, thrills, and heartaches along the way will inspire me to continue to reach farther and do better, rather than worse.

Wow. So it begins. If you're reading this, thanks for journeying along with me. I'm thankful for the company.

I'd rather be pondering in the desert, than merely wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment