Monday, April 19, 2010

You know you live in Vegas when...

This weekend, we had family visiting us here in Las Vegas. Our girls were thrilled to spend ample time swimming in the hotel pool where our family stayed, and playing the wii in the hotel lobby. We spent considerable time at this particular hotel over the last several days.

Now that life has returned to normal, I thought I'd blog about my latest "you know you live in Vegas when..." moment.

We were headed to the pool from the fourth floor room my family was inhabiting for the weekend and both girls were excitedly running toward the elevators. My youngest said to my oldest, "it's my turn!" (to push the buttons) and my oldest said, "ok," then turned to me to explain that she and her sister were "taking turns working the elevators this weekend."

I then caught a sideways glance from my family member (who does not live in Vegas), and cracked up when he said, "I'll bet that's said outside of many an elevator here in Vegas!"

LOL!! Touche.

But, my daughters are waaaaay too young to have any idea what he meant - and I'm going to work to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment