Friday, March 19, 2010

You know you live in Vegas when...

Last night I was enjoying a mom's night out with my local MOPS group and the funniest thing was said.  It gave me an idea for a new series of posts titled, "You know you live in Vegas when..." 

Anyway, the ladies and I were discussing how it can be difficult to meet neighbors in this city that never sleeps - everyone is on a different schedule, and when it's over 100 degrees outside, most people prefer not to be socializing outdoors.  One of the women in my group was talking about her neighbors, and her comment reminded me that I'm not in Colorado anymore, Toto.

You know you live in Vegas when a friend says (in all seriousness), "My next door neighbor is a dealer, so he works late nights."  Then, sensing an awkward silence, she chimed in, "NOT a drug dealer."


LOL!

There will be more of these to follow, as I'm often struck by some of the things I'm experiencing while I'm getting used to living in the desert.  I thought you'd enjoy them, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hillarious! I can't wait to read more of these. Hope you mamas had fun last night...and hope I can make it to the next one!

    ReplyDelete