Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Presidential Quotes

In honor of Election Day (which is today, for those of you who aren't heading to the polls in your state), I thought I'd post some interesting Presidential quotes. At least, they're interesting to me...



We must never despair; our situation has been compromising before, and it has changed for the better; so I trust it will again. If difficulties arise, we must put forth new exertion and proportion our efforts to the exigencies of the times.

~ George Washington

A pen is certainly an excellent instrument to fix a man's attention and to inflame his ambition.

~ John Adams

That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.
~Thomas Jefferson

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for the day.
~Abraham Lincoln


The only man who makes no mistake is the man who does nothing.
~Theodore Roosevelt

I have never been hurt by anything I didn't say.
~John Calvin Coolidge

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
~John F. Kennedy


Every new day begins with possibilities. It's up to us to fill it with the things that move us toward progress and peace.
~Ronald Reagan


No comments:

Post a Comment